[aisle] 3D printers to make face shields

Flaherty, Megan MFlaherty at maercker.org
Sun Mar 29 18:00:48 CDT 2020

Hi all!

I thought I would reach out to all of you to see if any of you have 3D printers in your buildings that you might be able to use for a project I am starting. My husband is a physician who is working on procuring more N95 masks for Chicago area hospitals and clinics. He heard from a high school teacher who offered to print 3D face shields using his school's 3D printers. We thought this would be a great way for schools to help out if they have the ability and printers. NYU has created a design in collaboration with physicians and have published the design<https://open-face-website.now.sh/> as open source to the public. Here is also an article<https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/27/nyu-makes-face-shield-design-for-healthcare-workers-that-can-be-built-in-under-a-minute-available-to-all/> about it. It requires two pieces of flexible plastic and an elastic band. Please let me know if you have 3D printers that you may be able to use for this project or please forward on to anyone who may be willing to help.

Thank you and hope everyone is staying safe!

Megan Flaherty

Westview Hills Middle School

Willowbrook, IL

mflaherty at maercker.org

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records law. Most written communications (including email) to or from school district officials and staff are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure. MAERCKER School District 60