[aisle] Chromebook checkout

Ann Marie Jinkins ajinkins at rthsd212.org
Tue Mar 31 09:08:37 CDT 2020

Our admins and tech director came in over spring break last week and
gathered Chromebook carts from every department.  For barcodes they used
the numbers assigned to each Chromebook by the district at purchase.  They
also surveyed all students via Google Form to determine who needed a
Chromebook.  Within one day they estimated that 200-250 students might need
Chromebooks.  Finally, they did a social media blast informing parents
about local WiFi options and Chromebook pickup.   Yesterday and today,
teacher volunteers and non-certified staff are distributing the Chromebooks
via a curbside drive-thru line.  There were 15 cars in line when they began
distributing yesterday morning.

Ann Marie Jinkins
Rochelle Township High School
ajinkins at rthsd212.org

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 8:34 AM Weatherford, Lura via AISLE <

> Now that we are out of school and navigating e learning, are you getting
> chrome books to those who do not have devices ? If so, how are you checking
> them out? Ours are not barcodes.
> Thanks for your input.
> --
> Lura Weatherford