[aisle] Book Return/Collection

Michelle Harris harrism at husd4.org
Tue Mar 31 10:15:31 CDT 2020

Library Books Collection Ideas

   -

   Create a drive-up drop-off in late May
   -

   Cleaning for all items returned / 3 days quarantine*
   -

   Check-in all items
   -

   Directly contact any students who still have items outstanding.
   -

   No fines, even for lost or non-returned items.

*
https://www.nedcc.org/free-resources/preservation-leaflets/3.-emergency-management/3.5-disinfecting-books

http://www.ala.org/alcts/preservationweek/resources/pandemic

Michelle Harris
Heyworth CUSD #4

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 8:35 AM Breanna Gober via AISLE <

> Hello, everyone. I was wondering what your plans are for collecting books
> that are checked out. I was thinking of asking our custodians to collect
> the ones in lockers when they are released to go back to work (they
> normally do locker cleanouts at the end of the school year). I could then
> scan the books back in and run a report to see which books are still out
> (not to mention nearly 100 interlibrary loan books that are checked out).
> But how do we go about getting books returned from students who have them
> at home? I wanted to see if anyone else had thought about this yet? Do we
> just put a return bin in front of the school and advertise it out to
> students? Do we do something different for seniors and other students who
> won't be returning next school year? I know how expensive it would be to
> replace all of these books if they don't get returned and am just wondering
> what your thoughts are. I'd like to be able to pitch an idea to my
> principal soon and get started on collection.
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Breezy
>
> --
> *Currently Reading*
>
>       [image: Image result for the similars book cover]
>

> E-mail is not necessarily a secure means of communication. The information
> transmitted herewith is intended only for the person or entity to which it
> is addressed and contains confidential or privileged material. If you are
> not the intended recipient of this message, please disregard its contents
> and destroy the message and its attachments. We also ask that you notify
> the sender if you have received this message in error. Any improper use of
> this information is prohibited.MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG

Michelle Harris
District Librarian
Heyworth CUSD #4