[aisle] [External] book award questions

Katherine Contreras via AISLE aisle at list.railslibraries.info
Tue Mar 24 09:43:17 CDT 2020

Rather than hijacking yesterday's thread, I thought I'd start my own to ask
about the Illinois book awards and your own school book awards.  From what
I can tell, we have:

Monarch - K-3
Bluestem - 3-5
Caudill - 4-8
Lincoln - 9-12

I've always been middle school (6-8), so my experience comes from the
Caudill list.  I enjoy the titles on the list, but what I recommend to my
sixth graders is often very different from what I recommend to my eighth
graders.  The number of books that are classified as grades 4-8 is slim.
There seems to be something dark and twisty that happens between these
grades!

*Does anyone know of specific reasons for the overlaps or how the grade
levels were selected?  *
*Does anyone offer a book award customized to their school and/or grade
levels?*

Mrs. Katie Contreras
School Librarian
Emerson Middle School
Park Ridge-Niles SD 64

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail (or the person responsible for delivering this document to the
intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments
thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please respond to the individual sending the message, permanently delete
the original and any copy of this e-mail, attachment, and any printout
thereof.