[aisle] YouTube author vidoes and filtering

Pulgar, Christine cpulgar at npd117.net
Tue Mar 31 14:58:04 CDT 2020

Hello!

It's been so wonderful seeing all the authors reading their books for our
students.  We ran into trouble with our students accessing the YouTube
links from home because of our internet filter.  I'm specifically talking
about the Lauren Tarshis and Kate Messner read alouds. My students are
2-5th graders, for reference. I did tweet both of the authors asking if
they could select the "appropriate for education" box when uploading new
videos, but we'll see!  We also cannot share the Facebook read alouds (Dan
Gutman) due to the same issue. Our tech department has stated they can't
override the filter for specific YouTube videos.  Anyone else having this
trouble OR have a solution?

Thanks!

Christine Pulgar
Reader. Teacher. Librarian. – MLIS; NBCT
Glen Oaks School
Hickory Hills, IL 60457
708-233-6806
cpulgar at npd117.net
https://twitter.com/CpulgarNBCT
https://twitter.com/glenoakslibrary

“Books are a uniquely portable magic.” – Stephen King
Currently reading:
*Where the Crawdads Sing* by Delia Owens