[aisle] STEAM Lab Professional Development

Christine Wilson wilson.christine at d46.org
Fri May 8 09:03:58 CDT 2020

Check the websites of your devices. This summer I've been in two really
good PD webinars from Sphero, which included using the Spheros, but also
general discussions about integrating technology into all curriculum, and
accessing technology in distance learning.

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 8:56 AM Linda Sawyer via AISLE <

> This organization offers free PD for Illinois educators
>
> https://nextwavestem.com/pages/professional-development
>
> Linda
>
> Linda Zeilstra Sawyer
> School Librarian
> St. Francis Xavier School
> 808 Linden Ave, Wilmette, IL 60091
> (847) 256-0644
>

> On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 8:53 AM Maureen Fako via AISLE <
>
>> Melissa,
>>
>> I would research the ideaillinois.org site (Illinois Digital Educators
>> Alliance). They often have mini-workshops (now webinars) you can attend.
>> They have a section on the website dedicated to Makey Makey (under the
>> Learn tab at the top). This is a good place to start.
>>
>> On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 8:18 AM Traveling Librarian via AISLE <
>> aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>
>>> Good Morning,
>>>
>>> I've recently been hired into an elementary school that has a
>>> well-established STEAM Lab. Although I have some experience with STEAM, I
>>> would really like to work on some professional development this summer. The
>>> lab contains items such as Cubelets, Ozobots, Makey Makey, Merge Cubes,
>>> Keva Planks, Squishy Circuits, and much more. Does anyone have any
>>> resources they recommend about best practices with STEAM Labs and ideas for
>>> use? Webinars, blogs, books, etc. are all welcome ideas. Thank you for your
>>> help!
>>>
>>> Melissa Majewski
>>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>>
>>> https://www.aisled.org/
>>
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School