[aisle] Earn 4 Awesome PDH for "Communicate to Educate" - May 27

Georgeann Burch georgeannb at gmail.com
Fri May 8 17:22:44 CDT 2020

"Communicate to Educate" is a professional development workshop, sponsored
by RAILS, for school librarians in RAILS or IHLS member libraries.  This 4
hour workshop ((8:30am. - 12:30pm) is being offered FREE of charge and will
be held via a Zoom meeting on Wednesday, May 27.  *Registration closes on
May 17*, in order to ensure participants have all the materials they need.
A copy of *Linking For Learning, 4th edition* is REQUIRED for the workshop.
There will be a short pre-class reading assignment.  Join like-minded
librarians and co-presenters, Georgeann Burch and Ruth Shasteen, for an
engaging and informative morning designed for the practitioner.

Here's what we'll be exploring through discussion and activities:

-How can we use research to communicate the benefits of a school
library/librarian?
-What is the collaborative role of school librarians and administrators in
creating a culture of learning?
-What is an effective school library? How do I communicate value to
stake-holders?
-How can I use Linking For Learning, 4th edition, to positively impact my
school library and make a growth plan that I can share with stakeholders?

*Please register <https://www.librarylearning.info/events/?eventID=31314>
by May 17 at:* https://www.librarylearning.info/events/?eventID=31314
There will be a maximum of 25 participants allowed.

Comments from past participants:

*This session boosted my confidence about my program and the Linking for
Learning standards.*

*Gave me a ton to think about and ways to communicate with people who think
they know more than they do.*

Best PD since library school!

Questions about the workshop? Georgeann Burch (georgeannb at gmail.com)
Questions about registration? Joseph Filapek (
joseph.filapek at railslibraries.info)