[aisle] Classes that are taught by the library department?

Caroline Fox Anvick foxc at unit5.org
Mon May 11 10:04:45 CDT 2020

Each year, the high school librarians in my district teach an online
safety/digital citizenship class over 2-3 days to all freshmen. We teach
this when the freshmen are in their mandatory Health class. The Health
teachers schedule us in as best works with their schedule. We also teach a
freshman library orientation to all freshman 1st and 2nd semesters, and do
this during their English I class (focusing on searching for books and the
general layout and what's available in the library, as well as copyright
for the 1st semester, and then delving deeper in to database research 2nd
semester). Again, the English teachers schedule us based on what's best for
their classes, and usually pair our info with a research project.
We do other drop in lessons throughout the year for research, reliable
information, technology, copyright, etc., but the internet safety and
library skills/research classes are the only ones that every single student
receives at the same time.

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 9:41 AM Deborah Handler via AISLE <

*Caroline Fox Anvick*
*School Librarian*
*Normal Community High School*