[aisle] getting books back

Barb Miller bmiller at troy30c.org
Tue May 12 20:18:05 CDT 2020

We sent our email reminders to all families that listed the items their
students still have checked out (we just changed our overdue notice through
the library software). Then I contacted the high school librarians where
our students will attend next year and asked them if they could include in
their freshmen orientation some information about returning any of our
books at the high school. I will then pick up any books that are returned
there.

Barb Miller
Learning Resource Center Facilitator
Troy Community Consolidated School District 30C

*“What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it feels
about education.” Harold Howe*

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 8:04 PM Leslie Forsman via AISLE <

> I emailed each of my grade school families with books out personally and
> included several ways to return the books.   My next project will be to do
> the same for my 7-12 students, but at student (not parent) level for the
> emails.
> I am fortunate that I work in a small district where I can do that.
>
> On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 7:42 PM Glenda Neighbors via AISLE <
>

>> Thank you.  I am sending messages to middle school students. Each grade
>> level had a day to come in for personal belongings and were supposed to
>> return books and textbooks but doesn’t happen.  Many students don’t bother
>> to come for their stuff
>>
>>   We are in a unique situation. Not only are dealing with the virus
>> issues, all my libraries had to be packed up for renovation and I am
>> retiring.  It has been a year to remember!
>>
>> On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 7:24 PM Kathryn Green via AISLE <
>> aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>
>>> I’ve been working on collecting books for the last two weeks. Most were
>>> returned in ziploc bags. Our district is the same as far as funds, but my
>>> superintendent told me to create a list of any books that were not returned
>>> and he would make sure I could repurchase them when I wanted too. We only
>>> have the elementary building open, so I’m getting books from three schools.
>>> I did do a bright arrow call to all students with outstanding books, and we
>>> emailed every person on pre-k through 12 with the books they had out. I
>>> also created a destiny information guide explaining how parents can log in
>>> and see what’s out for grades pre-K through 6 only. Since we don’t have any
>>> questionable materials at our elementary building, I felt parents could be
>>> informed regarding how to see what’s Still out. Grades 7-12 Have a more
>>> unique log in. I will attach it to a different email. It’s in word so you
>>> can turn it into a google doc if you like.
>>>
>>> Kathryn Green
>>>
>>> On May 12, 2020, at 4:07 PM, Glenda Neighbors via AISLE <
>>> aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>>

>>> What are your plans for getting books returned by the end of the school
>>> year?  I am mainly concerned about students moving to the next level;
>>> fourth graders going to middle school and eighth graders going to high
>>> school.  It becomes very difficult to get books back after they move on.
>>>
>>> My principal said they would just put the books on student accounts and
>>> they would have to pay for then at registration.  We have so many who never
>>> pay their registration fees so that makes no difference to them.  It only
>>> affects those students who are in extracurricular activities and have to
>>> pay fees.
>>>
>>> No sure how to handle it this year with no graduation or end of the year
>>> special activities that held them accountable.

>>> <#m_-2810529076032619132_m_-7939633982672096774_m_-6794586043031634897_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>>>
>>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>>
>>> https://www.aisled.org/

> [...]

This electronic
message (and any associated file
attachments) is intended only for the use
of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,

printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
strictly
prohibited. If you received this message in error,
please promptly delete
this message and notify the sender
by e-mail.