[aisle] Staff Summer Reading Activity

Carol Naughton cnaughton at d94.org
Fri May 15 09:56:20 CDT 2020

I recently sent the following out to our staff and got a great response.
They are even using the  slides comment feature to have an added dialogue
about what they have read or have in common with other staff members' TBR
lists. Thought I would share.

Email Text:

"As we are counting down the last few days of the year and coping with
social distancing, I thought it would be fun to share reading
recommendations with one another. I also thought about all of the places we
might all like to go and the following quote came to mind. " Reading gives
us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are."

With that as the basis. I would like you all to create a slide with 3
components:
1. A book you would recommend
2. A book that is on your mental, virtual or physical To Be Read list
3. A visual of someplace you would like to go this summer

I have created a sample and a bunch of templates in the attached slide
deck. To create your own slide, please duplicate or add a new slide. You
are encouraged to be creative if you don't want to use a template. One
winner will be selected at random to win the book of their choice (mailed
direct from Amazon). "

Slides template:

 Copy of Oh the Places You'll Go - Staff Summer ...
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1GnA5rdZDPCLQkKOf-eIAlVw0yru1omkXzFDj5XzDI_c/edit?usp=drive_web>

*Carol Naughton*
*LRC Director, Community High School*

630-876-640 <630-876-6404>0 | cnaughton at d94.org <dleahy at d94.org>

http://www.wegolrc.org/

[image: 37415]Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Thurston

--
*This message and any attachment thereto is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act (18 USC 2510 et seq).  It may contain information that is
confidential and legally privileged within the meaning of applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail, permanently remove this message and any attachments
thereto from your system, and destroy any hard copies thereof; do not
disclose the contents or take any action in reliance upon the information
contained in this message or any attachments.  If you have any doubt as to
the authenticity of this message or any attachment thereto, please contact
the sender immediately.  Any copying, disclosure, distribution or other
action taken or omitted to be taken with respect to an erroneously received
or inauthentic message or attachment is prohibited. Communications sent or
received by Community High School District 94 may be subject to inspection,
copying, and disclosure under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act
(FOIA).*