[aisle] stress buster/"comfort books"??

Mrs. Rose O’Connell from Glen Crest Library roconnell at ccsd89.org
Wed Nov 11 16:20:11 CST 2020

A Sloth's Guide to Mindfulness

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 3:36 PM Leslie Forsman via AISLE <

> I was asked today to consider preparing a 45 (?) minute book talk for our
> junior/senior high students about books to help them deal with stress.  I
> call them comfort books (think comfort foods)---who do your students (or
> you) turn to for stress busting?
> I have a list of possible resiliency building books, but I'm not sure if
> that's quite the angle I want to take. Right now I am open to all ideas.
>
> I think I have a week or so to gather thoughts.
>
> Thank you for any suggestions you care to share.
>
> --
>
> *Leslie Forsman*
> *Pre-K through12th grade Librarian*
> *Education to Careers Instructor*
> *Quest Instructor*
> *Triopia CUSD #27*
> *2204 Concord Arenzville Road*
> *Concord  IL  62631*
> *217-457-2281, x1033*
> *lforsman at triopiacusd27.org <lforsman at triopiacusd27.org>*
> *"Hey, you live where the books are!" *
> *(from a preK student who saw me outside of school).*

Mrs. Rosemary O'Connell
Library Director
Glen Crest Middle School
725 Sheehan Avenue | Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
630-469-5220

*Click HERE <https://forms.gle/g6oJ52JQre2E7Hv68> to check out library
books.*
*Click HERE  <https://forms.gle/62GYndqMSmcxFYo89>to request some book
suggestions.*

*Books can be picked up in the Glen Crest entrance Mon-Fri 7:30-3 pm
**and Tuesday
nights *
*from 5:30-7:00 pm.*

--

Confidentiality Notice:  This email and any attachments are
private communications and contain privileged and confidential information