[aisle] Therapy dogs in elementary libraries

Jaime Pirus jaime.pirus at rc255.net
Tue Nov 17 09:41:22 CST 2020

Good morning!

The art teacher in my building has a therapy dog she'd like to bring into the building. (We're learning in person.) She asked me for some ways the therapy dog can be used in library classes (K-5, 30 minutes weekly) besides individuals or groups reading aloud to the dog.

I mostly can find information for programs in public libraries where students read individually to therapy dogs. Does anyone have experience with a therapy dog in a school setting? If so, what are some ways you incorporated him into your libraries?

Thank you in advance!

Jaime Pirus
District Librarian
Reed-Custer Elementary School<https://www.rc255.net/RCIS/Pages/default.aspx>
Currently Reading: Words on Fire by Jennifer Nielson