[aisle] Google Chats

Margo Newtown mnewtown at lfschools.net
Mon Nov 23 11:43:34 CST 2020

For me it is a work in progress.  I go over the Google Meet Expectations at
the start of every class - and reiterate that the Chat is only used to ask
me a question or if I ask them to respond in Chat.  For those few who don't
seem to understand that, I've asked them to stay on the Meet when class is
over and tell them "directly" the expectation, it is part of staying safe
and responsible online and if they continue to ignore, they will be
contacted by our tech department. Seems to have worked, for the most part.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 10:48 AM Kathy Wickline via AISLE <

> Dear All,
> I have several teachers who are upset about the amount of chatting
> students are doing.  I don't see any reason to turn off chat because
> students could use a doc to hold a chat or email each other.
>
> I just want to know what your school policies are about this and how
> individual teachers are handling it.
> Kathy Wickline
> Unity Junior High Librarian
> Tolono, IL
> wicklinek at unity.k12.il.us
>
> Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ujhslibrary

Margo Newtown
Sheridan School Librarian
847-615-6078
@SHlightbulblab
*LIBRARY TAGLINE: Empowering Lifelong Readers as Learners*

--
Any communication sent or received by District 67 and/or District 115 is a
public record and may be subject to inspection or copying under the