[aisle] latest op-ed in the Chicago Tribune - American Indigenous Peoples Month

Moreillon, Judith Lynn jlmore at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 25 14:17:57 CST 2020

Thank you, Gina, for sharing your work and resources for teaching students to reject Thanksgiving myths and replace them with knowledge and understanding.

On Monday, I posted “Indigenous History, Land, and Climate Justice” on my blog:

http://www.schoollibrarianleadership.com/2020/11/23/indigenous-history-land-and-climate-justice/

The post includes additional resources to help today’s students understand the perspectives and historical and on-going contributions of American Indians to our land.

I wish you all blessings. Please stay safe and well.

Sincerely,
Judi

Judi Moreillon, M.L.S., Ph.D.
Literacies and Libraries Consultant
Co-Chair, Teacher Librarian Division, Arizona Library Association
2019 Scholastic Library Publishing Award

Author:
Maximizing School Librarian Leadership: Building Connections for Learning and Advocacy (ALA, 2018)
Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Elementary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact (ALA, 2013)
Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Secondary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact (ALA, 2012)

Please, Don’t Give Me A Hug!/Por favor, íno me abraces! (2019)
Ready and Waiting for You (2013)
Read to Me/Vamos a leer (2004)
Sing Down the Rain (1997)

http://storytrail.com<http://storytrail.com/>