[aisle] E-books, audiobooks

Sullivan, Kathy ksullivan at princeville326.org
Mon Nov 30 08:44:04 CST 2020

This subject has been discussed endless times on this listserv, I know.
Sadly, I'm the rare (sole?) dinosaur overseeing a school library who hasn't
added e-books and audiobooks... until now ...
We were very thankful to receive the Back to Books grant, which I wrote for
the express purpose of incorporating e-books into our collection. However,
I have *way more questions* than answers at this point. (WISH I'D SAVED the
earlier aisled e-book threads!) I've watched and read many things on the
Follett site, but still am loaded with questions.
*MY MAIN QUESTION:*  Is there anyone out there from a small school that
utilizes Destiny for circulation and chromebooks 1:1 that would be willing
to answer some questions for me?  .... like
1. Do your students have to log in to Destiny to borrow e-books?  (I'm
guessing so.)  If yes, is that something that the IT dept. has to set up
initially?
2. I saw convo. re. Sora v. Follett, one being more cumbersome to use.
What's the easiest, favorite e-book distributor?
3. Do you utilize various e-book distributers?
And more!....
Thanks in advance for ANY help offered!....
:) Kathy

*Kathy Sullivan*
*Princeville Junior Senior H.S. Library Media Ctr.*
*P.C.U.S.D. #326*
*302 Cordis Avenue, **Princeville, IL  61559*
*309.385-4660  x1574*
*ksullivan at princeville326.org <ksullivan at princeville326.org> *

*"Today a reader - tomorrow a LEADER."  *- Margaret Fuller
*"Think before you speak. READ before you think." *- Fran Lebowitz