[aisle] E-books, audiobooks

Michele Whisenhunt mwhisenh at syc427.org
Mon Nov 30 08:51:41 CST 2020

I am from a small school using Follett Destiny.  We have only ever
purchased books individually; we do not have a subscription for
ebooks/audiobooks.  Kids log into Destiny to use the ebooks.  I have not
used another source as of yet.  I find the numerous steps to read the books
on a tablet or phone to be tedious.  I think there was something Tech set
up years ago when we bought our first ebooks--adding Follett Shelf.  But
that was so long ago now that I am not sure if that is still needed.

Michele

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 8:46 AM Sullivan, Kathy via AISLE <

> This subject has been discussed endless times on this listserv, I know.
> Sadly, I'm the rare (sole?) dinosaur overseeing a school library who hasn't
> added e-books and audiobooks... until now ...
> We were very thankful to receive the Back to Books grant, which I wrote
> for the express purpose of incorporating e-books into our collection.
> However, I have *way more questions* than answers at this point. (WISH
> I'D SAVED the earlier aisled e-book threads!) I've watched and read many
> things on the Follett site, but still am loaded with questions.
> *MY MAIN QUESTION:*  Is there anyone out there from a small school that
> utilizes Destiny for circulation and chromebooks 1:1 that would be willing
> to answer some questions for me?  .... like
> 1. Do your students have to log in to Destiny to borrow e-books?  (I'm
> guessing so.)  If yes, is that something that the IT dept. has to set up
> initially?
> 2. I saw convo. re. Sora v. Follett, one being more cumbersome to use.
> What's the easiest, favorite e-book distributor?
> 3. Do you utilize various e-book distributers?
> And more!....
> Thanks in advance for ANY help offered!....
> :) Kathy
>
> *Kathy Sullivan*
> *Princeville Junior Senior H.S. Library Media Ctr.*
> *P.C.U.S.D. #326*
> *302 Cordis Avenue, **Princeville, IL  61559*
> *309.385-4660  x1574*
> *ksullivan at princeville326.org <ksullivan at princeville326.org> *
>
> *"Today a reader - tomorrow a LEADER."  *- Margaret Fuller
> *"Think before you speak. READ before you think." *- Fran Lebowitz

Michele Whisenhunt
Librarian, Southeast Elementary School
Sycamore, IL

--
NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email
transmission is confidential information which may contain information that