[aisle] Library Guidelines for In Person Learning

Coffman, Tricia CoffmanT at hcusd2.org
Mon Oct 5 15:06:15 CDT 2020

We are in person until 11:45 every day. The library is closed to students but I go into the classrooms every week and give a lesson and renew or check out books to students. Our students have  all been given a login to Destiny and are learning to search and place holds. There is a big learning curve but our students are doing great. It isn’t easy but we are making it work.

Our classes are 30 minutes in length. I usually teach for 15-20 minutes and then we renew or get on the catalog. My aide and I each have a rolling laptop cart with our computer and we go up and down each aisle to renew or grab returns.

We usually have one plan period that we can grab the “pick” list. We pull and check out as many as we can. Anything we don’t get to students before 11:45 is waiting on their desk the next morning.

Hope this helps.