[aisle] Lost/Overdue books from last school year

Holtz, Alan C. (BMS) holtzac at vvsd.org
Tue Oct 6 18:29:57 CDT 2020

Somethings are beyond our control. Just report your losses. I proudly shared in August that we had almost $17,000 of library books out from March 16. My principal was shocked at the dollar amount and was concerned. I just told him it’s the cost of read. He liked my view and optimism.

Since we are having a big push on diversity in our curriculum, this also allowed me to share what was checked out. It demonstrated that our collection’s contemporary diverse materials was on the frontline. If we want to create lifelong readers, we need to continue funding our library. This pandemic is a great opportunity to show how expensive a good quality library program is.

Sincerely,

Alan, Librarian serving Brooks Middle School

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks about education."
- Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education