[aisle] Weeding question

Michelle Fiorini mfiorini at benjamin25.org
Fri Oct 23 12:06:10 CDT 2020

I just tackled part of our Fiction collection.

*Our Library Protocol Weeded Books:*

   1. Put a cart of weeded books in the Teachers' Lounge
      - They stay there for 3 days
      - Give Teachers 1 week to see if they want them for their class
      libraries
   2. Any books left, I offer to students

*With Award-Winning Books, especially Caudill nominees, we buy 3 copies of
each title.  *

*>We buy: 2 paperback & 1 hardcover each year*

*>Then, once the Caudill winner is announced, we keep 1 copy*

*(The best copy at that point in the LMC & mark it as the winner for that
year).*

*Sorry, for the specifics... it's a system that I've discovered works best
for our School Library, students & staff. Maybe it will help someone else??*

*Enjoy the weekend,*
*Michelle Fiorini*

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 9:26 AM Barb Miller via AISLE <