[aisle] "Library on a cart" book selections

Annie Magness amagness at lisle202.org
Tue Oct 27 15:17:12 CDT 2020

What if you did a Google Form for book requests instead of a paper/pencil
one? That way they are getting to voice what they want and you aren't paper
shuffling.

Annie Magness, LRC Director
Lisle Elementary School
5801 Westview Lane
Lisle, IL 60532

630.403.8155
amagness at lisle202.org
Lisle Reads LRC Website
<https://sites.google.com/lisle202.org/lislereads/home?authuser=0>

Currently Reading
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/90531486?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
[image: Book Cover]
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/90531486?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 3:01 PM Meredith Riddle via AISLE <

> Hello librarian friends,
>
> For those of you bringing a selection of books to the classrooms: how do
> you pick what to put on the cart?
>
> I've been doing elementary "library on a cart" (book delivery) to
> classrooms since we returned to in-person classes in mid-August. We are a
> rural school district operating in a hybrid learning mode (in-person
> classes 5 days per week, half-days)
>
> We have a really low tech library catalog - we're planning to transition
> to Destiny in the next year or two - so there's no way for students to
> request books except pencil and paper. I got really tired of the paper
> shuffling, so I started just bringing a selection to the classroom. It
> seems like no matter what selection I bring, there are some kids who are
> just. not. interested. in what I have brought, even though they have a
> history of *always* checking out when in the past.
>
> How do I reconnect with these kids? How do I make a good spread of books
> on the cart? I've been doing this rather unscientifically and am currently
> a little disappointed in the results. We just had a big reader return to
> in-person classes from her 10 day quarantine (sadly many kids have been in
> and out of the classroom due to COVID exposure, so disruptive but
> necessary) and she didn't want any books! I was a bit taken aback.
>
> I'm curious to hear your thoughts! This listserv is the best!
>
> Meredith
> District Librarian, Cerro Gordo CUSD #100

This is a staff email account managed by Lisle Community Unit School
District 202.  This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify the sender.