[aisle] Permission

Donna Miner dminer56 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 08:54:46 CDT 2020

Morning everyone, I am sure this topic has been discussed before but...I am
doing a virtual shelf browse for our students. First I move my laptop in
front of the individual shelves and then do a mini book talk on a few of
the books from the shelves I have shown them. I am repeating this
throughout the whole library. Our students are not allowed in the library
so this is meant to help them "browse" for something they would like to
read. They then send me a hold request and I get them the book.
I have been told by my administrator that I need permission to do this. I
haven't asked for clarification on what is meant by permission, but in a
case like this, for this purpose, do I need author permission to show these
books? The video goes on my website which is part of my school's page that
is part of our school district page.
Thanks for the help!