[aisle] Illinois State Library Reading Programs

Matheis, Bonnie BMatheis at ILSOS.GOV
Mon Sep 14 09:35:43 CDT 2020

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the reading programs of the Illinois State Library through the Illinois Center for the Book are on target to continue for the 2020 – 2021 school year. As you can imagine, this has been a crazy year with COVID, the lockdown and resulting intermittent staffing and the retirement of our IT colleague. While we are in a holding pattern for the webpages to be updated by the IT department, please know the:

·        2020-2021 Read for a Lifetime<https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/library/center_for_the_book/rfl.html> booklist has been created – it is attached. Final reporting is due April 15, 2021.

·        2021 Letters About Literature<https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/library/center_for_the_book/letters.html> entry forms and guidelines have been created and will be posted soon. The program supports Common Core and National Language Arts and Reading Standards. The deadline to enter is December 15, 2020.

·        2020  Family Reading Night<https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/library/center_for_the_book/frn.html> posters and bookmarks have been printed. We are in the process of bundling the bookmarks now and will be mailing them to elementary and middle school libraries in October.

The National Book Festival<https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/library/center_for_the_book/national-bookfest.html> will be held virtually this year and it will be the perfect opportunity for you and your students to view author programs that they might not otherwise have the opportunity. The Illinois Center for the Book will be highlighting Illinois author and illustrator Matthew Cordell and his book, Hello, Neighbor!: The Kind and Caring World of Mister Rogers.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. The Illinois Center for the Book offers great programs and I’m always here to help you. Never feel that you have to try to muddle through something on your own.

All the best for the upcoming school year –

Bonnie Matheis
Coordinator, Illinois Center for the Book

Illinois Center for the Book
Illinois State Library
Gwendolyn Brooks Building
300 South Second Street
Springfield, Illinois 62701

Office: 217-558-2065
Fax: 217-782-1877

*NEW email address: bmatheis at ilsos.gov<mailto:bmatheis at ilsos.gov>

Jesse White, Secretary of State and State Librarian

https://cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/library/center_for_the_book<http://cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/library/center_for_the_book/home.html>

Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged or copyright information. You must not present this message to another party without gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.