[aisle] Copyright help

Story, Kara kkirk at ilstu.edu
Mon Sep 21 10:34:13 CDT 2020

Good morning,

Our theatre teacher would like to create a talent show this fall to showcase our students.  There is some question surrounding copyright so here is where I need help please:

Can you prerecord a talent show where students are performig covers of songs and then premiere this recording on a school's YouTube channel?

Any help you can give is appreciated:)  My colleague and I think we know the answer but would love to have additional support:)

Sincerely,
Kara

Kara Story

Librarian, Thomas Metcalf School

Illinois State University

kkirk at ilstu.edu

309-438-2527

Instagram  @metcalflibrary

When in doubt, go to the library - Hermione Granger