[aisle] Author Visits

Eti Berland etiberland at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 11:56:19 CDT 2020

Dear Friends,

I'm excited to invite you, your colleagues and students to a couple free
author visits hosted by Lincolnwood Library/Skokie Library that all are
welcome to join. Since our public library programs are now virtual, it
offers an opportunity to provide increased access to these powerful
experiences. These programs are designed both for young people and adults.
I thought I would share the event information below, as well as include a
couple program flyers, in case you are interested in attending and sharing
with your communities. Feel free to email me off the list if you have any
questions. We'd love to see you there!

An Evening with Francisco X. Stork: Online Event
Thursday, September 24, 2020; 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm CST
Please join us for a special evening of conversation with celebrated young
adult author Francisco X. Stork. Francisco will discuss his new novel,
Illegal, along with all of his writing for teens. Presented in partnership
with Skokie Public Library & Lincolnwood Public Library. Copies of Stork’s
books are available for purchase from Booked at
https://booked-llc.square.site/franciscoxstork. You can register at
http://lincolnwood.libnet.info/event/4526762.

Meet the Author--Chad Sell: Online Event
Wednesday, September 30, 2020; 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm CST
Chat and draw along with Chad Sell, acclaimed graphic novelist. Chad is the
author of The Cardboard Kingdom and Doodleville. You can register at
https://skokielibrary.info/events/13051/meet-the-author-chad-sell-online-event

An Evening with Kelly Yang and Jessie Ann Foley: Online Event
Thursday, October 15, 2020; 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm CST
Honored young adult authors Kelly Yang and Jessie Ann Foley will discuss
their new books, rape culture, and the importance of consent. Yang’s newest
book is Parachutes, and Foley’s latest book is You Know I’m No Good.
Presented in partnership with Skokie Public Library & Lincolnwood Public
Library. Copies of both authors’ books are available for purchase from
Booked. You can register at http://lincolnwood.libnet.info/event/4526765.

Virtual (Live): Author Visit with Saadia Faruqi
Wednesday, October 28, 2020; 3:30pm - 4:30pm CST
Join us to celebrate the release of Saadia Faruqi’s highly anticipated
middle-grade books, A Place at the Table (co-written by Laura Shovan) and A
Thousand Questions, a presentation and Q & A will follow. Recommended for
grades 3-8. You can register at http://lincolnwood.libnet.info/event/4507284
.

Thank you so much,

-Eti