[aisle] Database promotion to admin?

Barb Miller bmiller at troy30c.org
Wed Sep 23 09:31:12 CDT 2020

Could you apply for the Back to Books Grant to help cover the cost?

Barb Miller
Learning Resource Center Facilitator
Troy Community Consolidated School District 30C

*“What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it feels
about education.” Harold Howe*

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 9:27 AM Sullivan, Kathy via AISLE <

>     Our small school (grades 6-12) has enjoyed 2 trial research database
> subscriptions for Sept., Explora & Gale. (Actually, we get Explora through
> Oct.!)      NOW, I want to approach our administration to see if the school
> district might fund all or part of a subscription to one of these. The cost
> of a subscription would wipe out my tiny library budget. I could scrabble
> together some grant $ and/or do some crowd-funding to cover part of the
> cost, but I really feel the district (which doesn't buy textbooks anymore
> in our building) should cover the cost.
>      However, *I'm concerned that the principal and superintendent may
> balk about supporting the cost due to pandemic-produced and other
> shortfalls. *
> *My question: Does anyone have suggestions on how to strengthen my case?*
> *Thanks in advance*...
> :) Kathy
>
> *Kathy Sullivan*
> *Princeville Junior Senior High School*
> *P.C.U.S.D. #326*
> *302 Cordis Avenue, **Princeville, IL  61559*
> *309.385-4660  x1574*
> *ksullivan at princeville326.org <ksullivan at princeville326.org> *
>
> *"Literature is the safest key to a nation's treasure." *- Chaim Nachman
> Bialik

This electronic
message (and any associated file
attachments) is intended only for the use
of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,

printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
strictly
prohibited. If you received this message in error,
please promptly delete
this message and notify the sender
by e-mail.