[aisle] New Genre question

Karen Kruckenberg kkruckenberg at cusd50.org
Tue Sep 29 10:02:48 CDT 2020

I have organized our high school collection by genres, and am thinking
about creating a new genre, or perhaps sub-genre, for nonfiction action and
adventure type books. It would be a place to direct those readers looking
for Action and Adventure, but "real stories".  Examples, *The Port Chicago
50, The Grand Escape*.    Most of these titles I have pulled out of the
"Narrative Nonfiction" section, which includes Erik Larsen books, H is for
Hawk, etc.  Has anyone else sorted these types of books, and if so, what do
you call the genre, and do you shelve it with your Action/Adventure
fiction?  Sub-section of narrative or literary nonfiction?

Mrs. Karen Kruckenberg, MS Ed. TS, LIS Endorsed

Harvard High School Library Media Center Director

NHS Co-Advisor

815-943-6461 Ext. 2299

kkruckenberg at cusd50.org

https://harcohilmc.weebly.com/

“The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places;
but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now
mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.” J.R.R. Tolkien