[aisle] New Genre question

Barb Miller bmiller at troy30c.org
Tue Sep 29 10:07:35 CDT 2020

In our collection we have a similar section in nonfiction called Popular.

Barb Miller
Learning Resource Center Facilitator
Troy Community Consolidated School District 30C

*“What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it feels
about education.” Harold Howe*

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 10:03 AM Karen Kruckenberg via AISLE <

> I have organized our high school collection by genres, and am thinking
> about creating a new genre, or perhaps sub-genre, for nonfiction action and
> adventure type books. It would be a place to direct those readers looking
> for Action and Adventure, but "real stories".  Examples, *The Port
> Chicago 50, The Grand Escape*.    Most of these titles I have pulled out
> of the "Narrative Nonfiction" section, which includes Erik Larsen books, H
> is for Hawk, etc.  Has anyone else sorted these types of books, and if so,
> what do you call the genre, and do you shelve it with your Action/Adventure
> fiction?  Sub-section of narrative or literary nonfiction?
>

> Mrs. Karen Kruckenberg, MS Ed. TS, LIS Endorsed
>
> Harvard High School Library Media Center Director
>
> NHS Co-Advisor
>
> 815-943-6461 Ext. 2299
>
> kkruckenberg at cusd50.org
>
> https://harcohilmc.weebly.com/
>
> “The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places;
> but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now
> mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.” J.R.R. Tolkien

This electronic
message (and any associated file
attachments) is intended only for the use
of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,

printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
strictly
prohibited. If you received this message in error,
please promptly delete
this message and notify the sender
by e-mail.