[aisle] What is Project LIT?

dsmma at frontiernet.net dsmma at frontiernet.net
Wed Sep 30 10:24:25 CDT 2020

AISLE is very excited to announce that Dr. Jarred Amato will be presenting at the 2020 Virtual AISLE Conference on Thursday November 12 from 6-8 pm. Over the past four years he and Maplewood High School students have transformed a class project into a national grassroots literacy movement.  Dr. Amato will present this endeavor and how we can launch a Project LIT chapter in our own schools.
Dr. Jarred Amato is a high school English teacher in Nashville, TN, and the co-founder of Project LIT Community. He is an avid reader and writer who enjoys collaborating with fellow educators to improve literacy access, attitudes, and outcomes in our schools and communities. Dr. Amato received his B.A. in English and History from Vanderbilt University, his M.A.T. from Belmont University, and his Ed.D. from Lipscomb University. You can follow Jarred at @jarredamato and @projectlitcomm on Twitter!  On Facebook at Project LIT Community.

AISLE Conference Online Registration
Peggy Burton, Retired School Librarian
Publicity Chair, 2020 Virtual AISLE Conferenceconprnorth at aisled.org