[aisle] Bluestem Award Reading Tracking - best practices

Michelle Harris harrism at husd4.org
Thu Apr 8 14:37:43 CDT 2021

I do a grid on my library webpage
<https://heyelemlibrary.weebly.com/5th-grade-bluestem.html>.  Clicking on a
book cover opens a Google Form. Once the Form replies come in, I have set
it up to auto-send to a *single* google spreadsheet so that I can sort by
title, student name, grade, or teacher. Works like a charm!  The set-up
takes a couple of hours, but I do it in the summer.  Once the set-up is
complete, I do not have to do ANYTHING all year except look at the
spreadsheet results!  Score!!

Michelle Harris
Heyworth CUSD #4

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 1:27 PM Emily Meszaros via AISLE <

> Hi all,
>
> I tried an online form for Bluestem reading tracking this year to very
> mixed success at my 3 - 5 school.  We're using Microsoft Teams and I made a
> form where students could submit a record for each book read.  It was hard
> to remember what they'd already submitted and the younger students couldn't
> remember how to do it.  Last year we had a packet with pictures of the
> books that they had to have initialled by their grown ups after they
> completed them.  It worked alright!
>
> What has worked well for you?  I'm working with 36 classes (roughly 800 in
> person this year) - and I'm all by myself - so I'm trying to make things
> more automated for next year.  I'd love to hear your tips.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Emily
>
> --
> Emily Meszaros, MLIS