[aisle] Bluestem Award Reading Tracking - best practices

Kathy Kibitlewski bkkibs at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 17:29:01 CDT 2021

In the past I used the Bluestem Bookmarks created on the AISLE site and had kids check off the titles they read and passed quizzes on, (we use the Reading Counts program), then they would turn the bookmarks in to me by a deadline. The bookmarks were kept in the library in folders by class and the kids would update their bookmark every time they finished a book. This year I used a Google Form for them to submit the books they read and passed quizzes on. It was very easy to use and the results were easy to check and sort by classroom on a spreadsheet. I had the form linked in Destiny Discover and on my web page. The form was easy to make because I started with the voting form provided by the Bluestem committee, made a copy and just added a couple of other questions for the kids to fill out. It was nice because the voting form that was already created had pictures of all the books already included. I just needed to make them check boxes instead of a multiple choice question.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone