[aisle] What are your favorite recent library improvements or renovations?

Steiger, Sarah sesteiger at cps.edu
Fri Apr 16 15:32:40 CDT 2021

I'm curious about what is actually working for you in your library's
physical space? Did you recently renovate or update your space? What is a
unique addition that you can't live without? Is there something we should
all have in our library spaces? I'm wondering about all levels of
investment: low level investments all the way to expensive!

Ready go!

*Sarah Steiger | She/Her/Hers **| **Library and Digital Media Manager*

*Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Digital Learning*

*Chicago Public Schools*

*Join us April 16 at LITCon!*
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/sites.google.com/cps.edu/litcon/home__;!!P1w4qL2BkQ!u9ORBrj7Z6xaNCH5789lcrVPfWR9_1KYmJn1rh5RquwdbHirhbkPR7RbjNMjwDOnVA$>

The Critical Cataloguing Project at CPS, led by CPS librarians, is working
to adjust the subject headings and keywords that are used to locate books
in our catalog. Some of these terms are historically racist, sexist,
ableist, and heteronormative. Words matter.

We hope to join with other organizations who are also doing this work,
creating new norms and *advocating for terms that are representative of our
society today.*
To show your support of this work, and commitment to respectful cataloguing
language, please fill out this short form from the link below.
*Click here to support Critical Cataloguing at CPS!
<https://forms.gle/aFRYWnRvkkcDANb38>*

*Libraries Vision & Mission*

*The Libraries Team advocates for and empowers librarians as educational
leaders, provides equitable and culturally responsive resources supporting
all content areas, and actively champions curiosity and a lifelong love of
literature for every learner in Chicago Public Schools.*

*Partnering with librarians, the Libraries Team equitably provides
culturally relevant training, resources, networking opportunities, and
develops pipelines to grow libraries and librarianship within Chicago
Public schools, empowering schools, librarians, and the learning
communities we serve. *