[aisle] Library budget.

Renee Welch rwelch at sd308.org
Wed Apr 21 14:18:51 CDT 2021

I'm a JH of about 700.  We just went 1:1 this year. My program is now
evolving daily due to this new resource. I see all students through
their ELA teacher for reading promotion and digital citizenship activities
every other week though all classes do come to the library for
various reasons. ELA are the only classes with a set schedule. As for my
budget, about 15yrs ago it was close to ten thousand. Each year it was cut.
Now funding comes from book fairs, PTA & a little from admin that typically
gets me close to three thousand to spend.  Purchases vary depending on
needs/wants but this year it was : library supplies (due date slips,
stampers, label protectors, office supplies),  latest fiction
(subscriptions to JLG, teen choice & Caudill), teacher wishlists (DVD this
yr), and I'm biting the bullet on social issue books that need copyrights
out of the late 1900s. Joy, joy, long overdue....time to weed.

Good luck!

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 12:21 PM Anne Thompson via AISLE <

> Hi all,
> I have a meeting with my new admin to finally create an organized budget.
> I created a plan of what I would like in 2019, but every year I ended up
> with a year long project and my plan sat on the back burner. Would people
> please share with me what their yearly budget is and how the money is
> spent?  Also what their schedule and program and activities look like for a
> middle school of about 300 students.
>
> Thank you,
> Anne Thompson
>
> *Get the latest updates Download the Hoover-Schrum App Click here!!
> <http://siap.ps/7d3095>*
>
> *This communication is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
> may contain information that is confidential, privileged, or otherwise
> exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
> recipient(s), the dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message
> is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
> please contact the sender immediately and destroy all copies of the
> original message and any attachments. Receipt by anyone other than the
> named recipient(s) does not constitute a waiver of any applicable
> privilege. Hoover-Schrum Memorial School District 157.  *

Renee Welch
Bednarcik Junior High <https://www.sd308.org/domain/965>
LRC Director

Perhaps no place in any community is so totally democratic as the town library.
The only entrance
 requirement is interest. - Lady Bird Johnson