[aisle] Looking for historical fiction recommendations

Carolyn Roys crroys at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 11:02:03 CDT 2021

Not sure what level but Lois Lowry’s On the Horizon is excellent and audio is good BUT it is none fiction.
Carolyn Roys

On Apr 23, 2021, at 10:51 AM, Christine Wilson via AISLE <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

Our 3rd graders love Lois Lowry's Number the Stars.
My new fave for that era is The War that Saved my Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley.
Another good, newer one is Lifeboat 12 by Susan Hood
You might also look at The Journey that Saved Curious George: the True Wartime Escape of Margaret and H.A. Rey by Louise Borden
There's also a Magic Tree House book Danger in the Darkest Hour that has Jack & Annie parachuting into Normandy!

Hope this helps!