[aisle] Looking for historical fiction recommendations

Sharon Lane slane at mcusd1.net
Fri Apr 23 11:49:14 CDT 2021

Our 4th graders LOVE I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 11:02 AM Carolyn Roys via AISLE <

> Not sure what level but Lois Lowry’s On the Horizon is excellent and audio
> is good BUT it is none fiction.
> Carolyn Roys
>
> On Apr 23, 2021, at 10:51 AM, Christine Wilson via AISLE <
>

> Our 3rd graders love Lois Lowry's *Number the Stars*.
> My new fave for that era is *The War that Saved my Life* by Kimberly
> Brubaker Bradley.
> Another good, newer one is *Lifeboat 12* by Susan Hood
> You might also look at *The Journey that Saved Curious George: the True
> Wartime Escape of Margaret and H.A. Rey* by Louise Borden
> There's also a Magic Tree House book *Danger in the Darkest Hour* that
> has Jack & Annie parachuting into Normandy!
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 10:39 AM Taryn Parise via AISLE <
>
>> Does anyone have a good, low level WWII novel for elementary school that
>> they can recommend? It's for 4th grade but needs to be in the LMNO band.
>> I'm struggling to come up with anything that doesn't look babyish *and* has
>> an audio version.
>>
>> --
>>
>> *Currently reading:  The Line Tender by Kate Allen*
>>
>> *Currently listening to: The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise by Dan
>> Gemeinhart*
>>

>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> --
>

> #StaySafe
>

> 'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
> you have WebMD?'
>
> Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com
>

> Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
> Avon Center School
> 1617 N. Rt. 83
> Round Lake Beach, IL 60073
>

> *Home of the Novas *
>
> wilson.christine at d46. <http://wilson.christine@d46.k12.il.us>org
> @M <https://twitter.com/Christi98003919>rsWilson46

*Sharon Lane*
Library/Media Center Para-Professional
Je-Neir Elementary School
1001 West Second Street
Momence, IL 60954
815-472-6646

*“A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the
sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove . . . . but the world
maybe different because I was important in the life of a child.”  ― Kathy
Davis*

DISCLAIMER

The information contained in this email may be confidential, and has been
sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the sender by reply
email and destroy all copies of the original message.