[aisle] Weeding - sticker removal? Old books? Process?

Laurie Tumino ltumino at d91.net
Mon Apr 26 12:47:10 CDT 2021

I line through my barcodes with a Sharpie or Magic Marker. As for inside
stamps, I stamp over or near them with a red "discard" stamp.

Pilcher Park is planning to have their book donation event. See the
following from their email to local schools:

"The Annual Will County Book Event has been scheduled tentatively for June 4
th through June 6th 2021 at the Pilcher Park Nature Center located on
Highland Park Rd. in Joliet*. Once again, this is a great event for schools
and libraries to get rid of gently worn books. The event will be open on
June 1st through June 3rd  for schools and libraries to drop off books
between 9 am and 4 pm. Appointments,  for drop off, must be made by phone
or email through the Will County Land Use Department. All calls can be
directed to myself, Tim Anderson at 815-774-7897 or by email
at tanderson at willcountylanduse.com <tanderson at willcountylanduse.com>*.

If any Will County schools know of any other schools in need of clearing
old school books from their shelves please feel free to share this email
with them. If teachers would like to browse through the books between June 1
st through June 3rd for curriculum, we will allow the teachers access to
the books. Furthermore, if staff knows of any daycares in the area looking
to get rid of the books please feel free to forward this message to any
daycare.

Please be aware during this time face masks will be required to be worn
inside the building. Furthermore, Will County and Pilcher Park will
evaluate Covid regulations. If we feel the event is too soon, we will
notify all the participants that have made an appointment regarding the
cancellation."

*Laurie TuminoLibrarianMilne Grove Elementary School565 E. 7th
StreetLockport, IL 60441815-838-0542, ext. 2122fax 815-838-6893Website
<http://tumino.weebly.com/>*

*"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."* ~ Emilie
Buchwald

This message is for named person(s) only.  It may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is
waived or lost should mis-transmission occur.  If you receive this message
in error, delete it (and all copies) and notify the sender.  You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part
of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Milne-Kelvin Grove
School District 91 reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks.

except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to
state them to be the views of any such entity.