[aisle] Lost book fees

Meyer, Gail GMeyer at tfd215.org
Mon Apr 26 13:59:09 CDT 2021

I don't want this to turn into a discussion about IF we should be charging fees - it's more an administration question.

If your fines and/or fees are collected by someone else in your building or district, do you ever see that money to buy replacement books?  Our bookstore can collect library fees for lost material, but if a student or parent pays the bookstore, I was told the money has to roll over into the general income fund and cannot be put into an account for the library to use to purchase new/replacement materials.  So a student can lose a book and pay, but I never get money to buy a new copy of the book.

Is this just an odd policy my district has in place, or is this some sort of business/budgeting requirement school districts must follow?

Gail Meyer, Librarian
TF South High School, Lansing, IL
gmeyer at tfd215.org<mailto:gmeyer at tfd215.org>
708.585.2197