[aisle] Lost book fees

Barb Miller bmiller at troy30c.org
Tue Apr 27 07:43:08 CDT 2021

I've only worked in one district that gave the library the money from lost
books for replacements. It doesn't seem to be the norm.

Barb Miller
Learning Resource Center Facilitator
Troy Community Consolidated School District 30C

*“What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it feels
about education.” Harold Howe*

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 1:59 PM Meyer, Gail via AISLE <

> I don’t want this to turn into a discussion about IF we should be charging
> fees – it’s more an administration question.
>

> If your fines and/or fees are collected by someone else in your building
> or district, do you ever see that money to buy replacement books?  Our
> bookstore can collect library fees for lost material, but if a student or
> parent pays the bookstore, I was told the money has to roll over into the
> general income fund and cannot be put into an account for the library to
> use to purchase new/replacement materials.  So a student can lose a book
> and pay, but I never get money to buy a new copy of the book.
>

> Is this just an odd policy my district has in place, or is this some sort
> of business/budgeting requirement school districts must follow?
>

> Gail Meyer, Librarian
>
> TF South High School, Lansing, IL
>
> gmeyer at tfd215.org
>
> 708.585.2197
>
> She/her/hers

This electronic
message (and any associated file
attachments) is intended only for the use
of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,
printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
strictly
prohibited. If you received this message in error,
please promptly delete
this message and notify the sender
by e-mail.