[aisle] Skyward for Library Passes

Lauren Ochs lochs at ms.k12.il.us
Fri Aug 6 15:06:57 CDT 2021

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has set up their passes to the library and/or
sign-in to the library through Skyward? I see and have found
documentation for hall passes to/from the office for individuals, but no
one has configured that in my building and I can't find documentation that
we could create a library location. What I want is for teachers to be able
to take their attendance in Skyward, then select the students coming to the
library and fill out a hall pass. Then, when students get to the library, I
admit them through Skyward (or, ideally, they can enter their student ID on
a kiosk mode Chromebook to sign in) and check them in. I feel like someone
told me a long time ago that they used Skyward for library passes, but I
don't remember who. I'm hoping I wasn't dreaming about it!

*NOTE* I don't need suggestions of other ways to do passes or online sign
in sheets. I'm just exploring some options to try to cut out some steps for
study hall teachers and think through streamlining our process for everyone
using the tools that we have.

Thanks!

*Lauren Ochs *
School Librarian
Mahomet-Seymour High School
lochs at ms.k12.il.us

--
_Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachment thereto is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic