[aisle] College and Career room

Caroline Fox Anvick foxc at unit5.org
Thu Aug 19 11:34:50 CDT 2021

Our College and Career Counselor's office is located in our library, and we
love it. She loves the extra "traffic" that comes through here, which
allows her to chat with kids and see more people. I love that having her
here shows that we are a multi-functional space. Also, kids (and visitors,
such as college reps, etc.) who may not have a chance to come here as often
as they'd like can see our awesome library. :)
We're lucky that we have a large, relatively open area to work with. We
tucked our CCC into a small space that actually was a pretty ugly storage
area before. We cleared it out, and put up divider panels to separate her
from a student work area. Her office is to the left of the library space as
you walk in our front door. It doesn't take up a lot of room, and is part
of the flow of the space but still it's own little nook.
She has files, her desk, a small table and a credenza with materials, but
no computers. Kids have their own laptops. When she has a larger group in
or wants to host a college speaker, she reserves the classroom area
directly to her right.

[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 10:34 AM Brucki, Patricia via AISLE <