[aisle] nonbinary representation in middle school books

JENNIFER BRADY JENNIFER.BRADY at PSD150.ORG
Mon Aug 23 13:57:13 CDT 2021

you could check out books that have won the Stonewall Award

https://www.ala.org/rt/rrt/award/stonewall/honored
Stonewall Book Awards List | Round Tables<https://www.ala.org/rt/rrt/award/stonewall/honored>
Stonewall Book Award Winners. Stonewall Honor Books in Literature. A Strange and Separate People, by Jon Marans (New York, NY: Chelsea Station Editions); ISBN: 9780983285151 ; Everything Begins and Ends at the Kentucky Club, by Benjamin Alire Saenz (El Paso, TX: Cinco Puntos Press); ISBN: 9781935955320; The Rebellion of Miss Lucy Ann Lobdell, by William Klaber (Austin, Tex. : Greenleaf Book ...
www.ala.org

Jennifer Brady
Library Manager
Whittier Primary School
1619 W. Fredonia Ave.
Peoria, Illinois 61606
309-672-6569
she/her/hers

Currently Reading: The Good Earth By Pearl S. Buck

________________________________
From: AISLE <aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> on behalf of Jamie Winchell via AISLE <aisle at list.railslibraries.info>
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2021 12:13 PM
To: AISLE-Share: Association of Illinois School Library Educators discussion list <aisle at list.railslibraries.info>
Cc: Jamie Winchell <jwinchell at op97.org>
Subject: [aisle] nonbinary representation in middle school books

Please be cautious: This email was sent from outside of our district.
________________________________
Hi AISLE colleagues,

I'm trying to keep my collection up to date with respect to nonbinary identities. What fiction and nonfiction resources do you recommend for the topic of nonbinary identity?

Thank you !
Jamie Winchell
Teacher Librarian
Percy Julian Middle School
pronouns: she/hers

'At least books belonged to me." -Rebecca Solnit

**** Peoria Public Schools Disclaimer ****
This communication may contain confidential information and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and delete the copy you received. In addition, you should not print, copy, re-transmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information, unless expressly indicated in this communication.