[aisle] career picture books

Townhouse, Andie atownhouse at cps.edu
Mon Aug 30 10:14:59 CDT 2021

*The Polio Pioneer: Dr. Jonas Salk and the Polio Vaccine *(Marshall)
*When Sue Found Sue: Sue Hendrickson Discovers Her T-Rex *(Buzzeo)

On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 10:07 AM Andrea Ross via AISLE <

> Shark Lady: the true story of how Eugenie Clark became the ocean's most
> fearless scientist (Keating)
>
> Andrea Ross
> Salt Creek School Library
> Elmhurst, IL
>
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 9:46 AM Leslie Forsman via AISLE <
>
>> Good morning everyone!  I'm looking for picture books that talk about
>> someone's career, someone's inner drive to create something/make a career
>> with something, hobbies that lead to careers, etc.  I teach an 8th grade
>> "Careers" class and I thought this might  be a fun way to start the class.
>>
>> We've read: Joan Procter, dragon doctor and Whoosh!
>> Upcoming are: Hank Aaron, Brave in every way, The Day-Glo brothers, When
>> Marian sang, Snowflake Bentley, and others.
>>
>> Lots of books can be tied into thinking about Careers. Does anyone have
>> favorites to suggest?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Leslie
>>

>> --
>>
>> *Leslie Forsman*
>> *Pre-K through 12th grade Librarian*
>> *7th grade Quest Instructor*
>> *8th grade Education to Careers Instructor*
>>
>> *Triopia CUSD #27*
>> *2204 Concord Arenzville Road*
>> *Concord  IL  62631*
>> *217-457-2281, x1033*
>> *lforsman at triopiacusd27.org <lforsman at triopiacusd27.org>*
>> *"Hey, you live where the books are!" *
>> *(from a preK student who saw me outside of school).*
>>
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/

[image: Amazon.com: How Dare the Sun Rise: Memoirs of a War Child:
9780062470140: Uwiringiyimana, Sandra, Pesta, Abigail: Books]
Currently Reading:  *How Dare the Sun Rise* by Sandra Uwiringiyimana
Reading Next: *Notes on Grief* by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche

Andie Townhouse, M.A., M.L.I.S., Library Director/Pronouns: she / her /
hers / ella/ ona/ 她 /هي

*Roberto Clemente Community Academy*
tel: 773.534.4000 <(773)%20534-4000>
fax: 773.534.4003 <(773)%20534-4003>
@: atownhouse at cps.edu
web:  <http://goog_1333025299/>*www.rccachicago.org
<http://rccachicago.org/>*

[image: School Fundraising - Roberto Clemente Community Academy]

The Critical Cataloging Project at CPS, led by CPS librarians, is working
to adjust the subject headings and keywords that are used to locate books
in our catalog. Some of these terms are historically racist, sexist,
ableist, and heteronormative. Words matter.

We hope to join with other organizations who are also doing this work,
creating new norms and advocating for terms that are representative of our
society today.

To show your support of this work, and commitment to respectful cataloguing
language, please fill out this short form from the link below.

#WordsMatterCPS

Click here to support Critical Cataloguing at CPS!
<https://forms.gle/aFRYWnRvkkcDANb38>