[aisle] Kindergarten checkouts - need tips and tricks!

Jaime Pirus jaime.pirus at rc255.net
Tue Aug 31 08:56:39 CDT 2021

This is my second year at a school library, but last year checkouts looked different. This year, our kindergarten students are able to check out books "normally." Does anybody have any tips or tricks on how to make sure the kindergarteners have fun choosing a book while still avoiding a tornado disaster in the library?

I have five kindergarten classes that each come to the library for 30 minutes once per week. All five classes come back-to-back with no prep time in between.

Thank you!

Jaime.pirus at rc255.net<mailto:Jaime.pirus at rc255.net>

Jaime Pirus
District Librarian
Reed-Custer Elementary School<https://webmail.rc255.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=6BnC75yteXmTceBBG0ZyjRDbiLtPNJ2K9rYjMXLCuRFeOFjVWfvYCA..&URL=https%3a%2f%2fwww.rc255.net%2fRCIS%2fPages%2fdefault.aspx>
Currently Reading: When You Trap a Tiger by Tae Keller