[aisle] AISLE Statement on Censorship

President AISLE president at aisled.org
Mon Dec 20 18:55:54 CST 2021

The Aisle Leadership Recently approved the following statement on
Censorship.

AISLE is opposed to any attempt to force the removal of materials from
school libraries.  We strongly condemn recent efforts, by force or
intimidation, to remove works that focus on or document the experiences of
members of the LGBTQIA+ or BIPOC communities. We oppose censorship and any
effort that limits or denies access to materials to coerce belief, suppress
opinion or punish those whose expression does not conform to a singular
point-of-view of history, politics, or religion.

Attached is the Aisle Statement on Censorship
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ADtjcD-lyapIlph6f-_mluciKboUMlJP/view?usp=sharing>.
In addition, a list of Intellectual Freedom/Censorship Resources
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e7kwR2UFdniIMjk1nen-8y0y6Cixtd_H/view?usp=sharing>.
If you need assistance, please get in touch with AISLE by emailing our
Executive
Secretary AISLE <execsecretary at aisled.org>. or contacting me at the email
address below.

Mary Jo Matousek,