[aisle] Fwd: The Library of Congress wants to hear from you

Executive Secretary AISLE execsecretary at aisled.org
Tue Feb 2 10:23:53 CST 2021

FYI.

Carolyn Kinsella
AISLE Executive Secretary
P.O. Box 110
Seneca, IL  61360
PH: 815-357-6023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Julius C. Jefferson, Jr. <MemberValue at ala.org>
Date: Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 11:10 AM
Subject: The Library of Congress wants to hear from you
To: <execsecretary at aisled.org>

Participate in a conversation about disinformation by February 10.

View this email *in your browser*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05ODMwMjk4JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MjgxNzkmbGk9ODM4NDMyMTQ/index.html>
.
[image: American Library Association]
Dear Becky,   The American Library Association and the Library of Congress’
Kluge Center have just launched the *Librarian WikiWisdom Forum*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05ODMwMjk4JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MjgxNzkmbGk9ODM4NDMyMTU/index.html>
to gather ideas from America’s librarians to address one of the most
important problems facing our country — disinformation.   Please take a few
minutes to *join*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05ODMwMjk4JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MjgxNzkmbGk9ODM4NDMyMTU/index.html>
and share your wisdom in response to these questions:   *In a world of
disinformation, social media, and “alternative facts,” how do you identify
and vet credible information sources? *   *How do you share those credible
sources with students and public library users? *   *What is a librarian’s
role in helping the greater community find common ground in shared facts?*
This peer collaboration platform will be live until February 10, 2021.   At
the end of what I expect to be a robust online conversation, we will choose
a small group of thought leaders from active participants who will work
with the WikiWisdom moderator to prepare a report of actionable ideas.
Participants will present their report to *Danielle Allen*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05ODMwMjk4JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MjgxNzkmbGk9ODM4NDMyMTY/index.html>,
the 2020 Kluge Prize Winner, in a virtual presentation on March 11th. ALA
and the Kluge Center will then widely share the report with librarians and
leaders across the country.   Thank you for your participation. I am eager
to hear your thoughts on this challenging subject.
[image: Julius C. Jefferson, Jr.]

*Julius C. Jefferson, Jr.*

*ALA President*

[image: facebook]
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05ODMwMjk4JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MjgxNzkmbGk9ODM4NDMyMTc/index.html>
[image: twitter]
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05ODMwMjk4JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MjgxNzkmbGk9ODM4NDMyMTg/index.html>
[image: linkedin]
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05ODMwMjk4JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MjgxNzkmbGk9ODM4NDMyMTk/index.html>
[image: youtube]
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05ODMwMjk4JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MjgxNzkmbGk9ODM4NDMyMjA/index.html>
[image: instagram]
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05ODMwMjk4JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MjgxNzkmbGk9ODM4NDMyMjE/index.html>
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05ODMwMjk4JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MjgxNzkmbGk9ODM4NDMyMjI/index.html>

American Library Association

225 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 1300, Chicago, IL 60601

*ala.org*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05ODMwMjk4JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MjgxNzkmbGk9ODM4NDMyMjM/index.html>

Please review ALA's *Privacy Policy*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05ODMwMjk4JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MjgxNzkmbGk9ODM4NDMyMjQ/index.html>
.

*Click here*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05ODMwMjk4JnU9MTAwNzQyODE3OSZsaT04Mzg0MzIyNSZsPWh0dHA6Ly9hbGEuaW5mb3Jtei5uZXQvYWxhL3BhZ2VzL21lbWJlcnNoaXBfYW5uX29wdF9vdXQ_X3pzPUxISjFWMXxfem1pPXNCTXE/index.html>
to opt-out from future Membership Announcements.

To unsubscribe from *all* American Library Association e-communications, *click
here*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05ODMwMjk4JnU9MTAwNzQyODE3OSZsaT04Mzg0MzIyNiZsPWh0dHA6Ly9hbGEuaW5mb3Jtei5uZXQvYWxhL3BhZ2VzL2FsYV91bnN1YnNjcmliZT9fenM9TEhKMVYxfF96bWk9c0JNcQ/index.html>
.
[image: Higher Logic]