[aisle] Infobase Database Tech Issues

Kari S klf.stevenson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 12:08:51 CST 2021

Has anyone else had issues with Infobase Databases being glitchy?

I have been having issues with citations pulling the wrong information. It
seems like if I have two databases open at the same time (which happens
when I'm giving a lesson), sometimes an article from one of them, the
citation ends up saying it's from the other (see image below, you can see
I'm in African American History and it's pulled as if it's from American
History... I've had this work the other way around on a variety of articles
so I know it's a glitch)

Then when I am showing students the databases and ask them to follow along,
sometimes the link (which I've checked 100 times) works for only about half
the kids and the others get thrown to "Infobase Books".

I am going to reach out to Infobase directly but I was curious if others
had experienced this as well. It's frustrating and while I like their
pricing, if they can't get this figured out for me I might have to switch
back to Gale.

Thanks!
--
*Kari Stevenson*