[aisle] The Undefeated

Elizabeth Isbell lizzyisbell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 08:56:34 CST 2021

Here are some resources I used:

The Children's Bookshelf: Let's Celebrate Black Lives (teaching resources)
(I can't get the link to work, but it should come up if you Google it)

https://www.learningtogive.org/resources/undefeated-grade-k-12

I spent two weeks on this book with my K-2 kids; the first week I read the
Afterword first to give context, and then read straight through the poem,
and asked students what questions they had about the book. Then the next
week we came back to their questions, and went through the book again, page
by page, and talked about the historical references and people in the book.
I'm really glad I decided to spend more than one class on this book, and
I'm even extending the learning with my 2nd graders; for the next few weeks
they will choose one person referenced in The Undefeated and research them
for a biography project!

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 6:09 AM Kathryn Green via AISLE <