[aisle] Virtual Poetry Slam Participants Wanted

Jennifer Bromann-Bender jbromann-bender at lw210.org
Wed Feb 10 08:22:21 CST 2021

Lincoln-Way West High School Library and New Lenox Public Library would like to host a virtual poetry slam in April for high school students and possibly junior high school students.  Before we begin planning dates and procedures, we wanted to see if there would be any interest from Illinois schools.  Please respond to jbromann-bender at lw210.org if you are interested or send me the name of the contact for the creative writing club, poetry slam/ spoken word poetry club, or any similar club at your school.  I hosted an in-person poetry slam many years ago after taking a group to Loder than a Bomb and hope to bring it back online this year.  We are planning for a solo category and group category, prizes and awards, and possibly t-shirts.  If we have at least a few teams we will proceed and I will share the information for you to advertise to your students.  We look forward to providing another opportunity for our local poets this year.  Thanks.

Jennifer Bromann-Bender
Librarian
Lincoln-Way West High School
21701 S. Gougar Rd.