[aisle] HS Fiction - Media Literacy/Digital Citizenship/Technology Tie-Ins

Lauren Ochs lochs at ms.k12.il.us
Wed Feb 10 09:43:16 CST 2021

Hi all,

We are looking at changing our English 2 and English 2 Honors curriculum up
a bit next year. Teachers are looking at adding a unit with a Media
Literacy/Digital Citizenship/Technology theme (we don't have a good title
for it yet) and are looking for a fiction lit circle to go with it. I'm
looking for any fiction suggestions you have that would tie into those
themes. English 2 Honors will also be reading Fahrenheit 451 as part of
this unit, as well. We are mostly looking for YA titles, but adult titles
with YA appeal are welcome, too. I have put what I've found that might
relate from my own catalog in the Google Doc linked below to start with, so
you are welcome to add any suggestions directly to the doc. Any genre is
fine. The books do not all have to be cautionary tales, so any suggestions
of positive portrayals of these topics are welcome.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wdpv7VNPvxBFIP3TXlLAjsCKhMgdceIFCXDob-avRcY/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you so much!

*Lauren Ochs *
School Librarian
Mahomet-Seymour High School
lochs at ms.k12.il.us

--
_Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachment thereto is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic