[aisle] Combining & Remodeling a Schoool Library

Barb Miller bmiller at troy30c.org
Fri Feb 12 07:44:42 CST 2021

Be sure you have furniture to accommodate all sizes of kids. Having
kindergarten literally climb into chairs made for middle schools is not
good. Will you be merging collections or will they be kept separate?
Something to think about with shelving. One more, make sure the circ desk
has a lower counter space so you can see the younger students when they
come to check books out.

Barb Miller
Learning Resource Center Facilitator
Troy Community Consolidated School District 30C

*“What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it feels
about education.” Harold Howe*

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 3:39 PM Hoppenjan, Ashley via AISLE <

> Hi,
>
> The Galena School District is combining the K-4 library and the 5-8
> library as the middle school building is expanded and updated to
> accommodate the K-4 learners. What suggestions do you have for this process
> to ensure a smooth transition? We are having a stakeholder meeting with the
> architects next week, and I'd love to hear ideas/suggestions from you. Any
> information is appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
> Ashley
>
> --
> Ashley Hoppenjan
> 8th Grade English Language Arts
> Galena Middle School
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
> This message contains confidential information intended only for use of
> the person named above and may contain communication protected by the
> Illinois School Student Records Act.  If you have received this message in
> error, you are hereby notified that dissemination, distribution, copying,
> or other use of this message is prohibited, and you are requested to notify
> the sender of the message immediately at the email address listed above and

This electronic
message (and any associated file
attachments) is intended only for the use
of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,
printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
strictly
prohibited. If you received this message in error,
please promptly delete
this message and notify the sender
by e-mail.