[aisle] book suggestion needed

Christine Wilson wilson.christine at d46.org
Fri Feb 12 08:35:01 CST 2021

Ooh - also *The War that Changed my Life *by Kimberly Bradley.

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 7:45 PM Christine Cahill via AISLE <

> Hello Hive Mind!
>
> Can you help me with a teacher request?
>
> "Can you think about short chapter books that have a topic of a
> child/grandparent or child-parent point of views?
> We are going to be reading Moon Over Star in Wonders next week and I am on
> the search for a companion text (hopefully Hoopla audiobook) that the
> students can continue reading on the theme of generational relationships.
> In Moon Over Star the granddaughter and others are swept up in the moon
> landing- she is in awe of the event. The granddaughter is really surprised
> that the grandfather has a different point of view about space exploration,
> with more concerns about the issues and hardships here on earth -ex.
> hunger. By the end of the book, both are respectful of one another's POV.
> An absolutely lovely story!"
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Christine Cahill
> Teacher/Librarian
> Carrie Busey Elementary School
> 304 Prairie Rose Lane
> Savoy, IL 61874
> 217-351-3811
> cahillch at u4sd.org

#StaySafe

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School